Install the DLM Engine on Ambari-managed clusters
DLM requires that an engine be installed on each cluster that is to be used in replication jobs. The engine is installed on the Apache Ambari host, using an Ambari management pack (MPack). An MPack bundles service definitions, stack definitions, and stack add-on service definitions.
- This task must be completed on all clusters to be used with DLM.
- “Beacon” is the internal name for the DLM Engine. If you install DLM, you will see the name Beacon in some paths, commands, etc.
Prior to starting installation, you must have downloaded the required repository tarballs from the Hortonworks customer portal, following the instructions provided as part of the product procurement process.
- Log in as root to an Ambari host on a cluster.
Install the DLM Engine MPack by running the following command, replacing
<mpack-file-name> with the name of the MPack.
ambari-server install-mpack --mpack <mpack-file-name> --verbose
- Restart the Ambari server.
ambari-server restartThe restart allows Ambari to create the beacon user for the service.
- Repeat this task on each cluster being used with DLM.
Configure the DLM Beacon user as HDFS superuser.