Install the Prerequisite Components and Services
The mandatory components to get started with installing DAS are Ambari and DataPlane.
- Your cluster should be managed by Ambari and should include the following components and services in order to use DAS: YARN, HDFS, Hive, Knox, and Ranger.
- Knox SSO should be configured for Ambari, Hive, and Ranger.
- You should have a DataPlane deployment. See the DataPlane Installation Guide for more details.
- To install Ambari and the related services, see Installing Ambari in the Apache Ambari Installation Guide.
Install and configure Knox SSO as per the instructions in Setting up Knox SSO.
After you set up and enable Knox SSO through the Ambari CLI, test whether you have configured it correctly by using the following steps:
Sign out from Ambari.
You should be redirected to the Knox SSO login page.
Sign in using your credentials.
You should be able to log in using your credentials.
- Sign out from Ambari.
- The host and system requirements needed to install DAS are mostly met by the time you finish installing DataPlane.