Add a service
Use Add Service to deploy additional services in your cluster without interrupting operations.
In Services, click .
The Add Service wizard opens.
In the Add Service wizard, click Choose
The Choose Services pane lists those services already added in a shaded background and with checked boxes.
In Choose Services, click the empty check box next to the
service that you want to add. Then, click Next.
Notice that you can also select all services listed by clicking the checkbox next to the Service table column heading.The Add Services Wizard indicates hosts on which the master components for a chosen service will be installed. A service chosen for addition shows a grey check mark.
- In Assign Masters, confirm the default host assignment. Alternatively,
use the drop-down menu to choose a different host machine to which master components
for your selected service will be added. Then, click
- If you are adding a service that requires slaves and clients, in Assign Slaves and
Clients, accept the default assignment of slave and client components
to hosts. Alternatively, select hosts on which you want to install slave and client
components (at least one host for the slave of each service being added). Then, click
Table 1. Host Roles Required for Added Services Service Added Host Role Required YARN NodeManager HBase RegionServer
- In Customize Services, accept the default configuration properties. If
necessary, edit any property values indicated.
- If necessary, click Override to create a configuration group for this service.
Make sure all configurations have been addressed.
Then, click Next.
- In Review, verify that the configuration settings match your intentions.
Then, click Deploy.
- Monitor the progress of installing, starting, and testing the service. When that finishes
successfully, click Next.
- Review the summary display of installation results. Then, click
- Review and confirm recommended configuration changes.