Configure YARN workflow queues
To configure a queue:
- Click the queue name.
Set the following queue parameters:
Hover the cursor over a parameter name to display a description of the parameter.
- The percentage of cluster resources available to the queue. For a sub-queue, the percentage of parent queue resources.
- Max Capacity
- The maximum percentage of cluster resources available to the queue. Setting this value tends to restrict elasticity, as the queue will be unable to utilize idle cluster resources beyond this setting.
- Enable Node Labels
- Select this check box to enable node labels for the queue.
- Access Control and Status
- Running is the default state. Setting this to Stopped lets you gracefully drain the queue of jobs (for example, before deleting a queue).
- Administer Queue
- Click Custom to restrict administration of the queue to specific users and groups.
- Submit Applications
- Click Custom to restrict the ability to run applications in the queue to specific users and groups.
The following image shows the example Engineering queue with these settings specified:
- User Limit Factor
- The default value of "1" means that any single user in the queue can at maximum only occupy the queue’s configured capacity. This prevents users in a single queue from monopolizing resources across all queues in a cluster. Setting the value to "2" would restrict the queue's users to twice the queue’s configured capacity. Setting it to a value of 0.5 would restrict any user from using resources beyond half of the queue capacity.
- Minimum User Limit
- This property can be used to set the minimum percentage of resources allocated to each queue user. For example, to enable equal sharing of the queue capacity among five users, you would set this property to 20%.
- Maximum Applications
- This setting enables you to override the Scheduler Maximum Applications setting. The default setting is Inherited (no override).
- Maximum AM Resource
- This setting enables you to override the Scheduler Maximum AM Resource setting. The default setting is Inherited (no override).
- An integer value that sets a relative priority for a queue. The default value is 0 for all queues. Setting this to a higher value gives a queue access to cluster resources ahead of queues with lower priorities. In order for YARN Queue Priorities to be applied, you must enable preemption. For more information see Setting YARN Queue Priorities.