Adding an Additional HiveServer2 to a Cluster with Ambari
If you have a new HiveServer2 (HS2) instance installed on a new host that has not been added to your cluster, you can add it with Ambari.
- Open Ambari in a browser and click the Hosts tab.
- On the Hosts page, click Actions, and select Add New Hosts.
- Follow the Add Host Wizard instructions.
- When you have completed adding the host to your cluster, click the Services tab.
- On the Services page, click Hive in the list of services on the left side of the browser.
- On the upper right side of the Hive Services page, click Service Actions, and select Add HiveServer2:
- In the Confirmation dialog box, select the host that you added in Steps 1 -3, and click Confirm Add.
The progress of adding the HS2 is displayed in the Background Operation Running dialog box. Click OK when it is finished to dismiss the dialog box.