Configure the Apache Hive Metastore
You can configure Hive Metastore using Ambari.
Due to an architectural change in Hive 3, you must configure Hive Metastore by
modifying hive-site.xml directly instead of using
key=value. In this task, you use Ambari to modify
- You have installed and started Ambari.
- The following components have been installed and started:
- Hive Metastore
- A database for the metastore, such as the default MySQL Server
- From the Ambari main navigation, select Hive, and click Configs.
- Either find the property you want to change and modify it, or expand a custom configuration file and add a property and value.