Transform Data Source Parser Information
After you create a parser, you can use the HCP Management UI to transform the data source data to provide more relevant and helpful information. Transformation creates a new event field based on an existing field value. For example, you can choose to transform a url to provide the domain name of the outbound connection or the IP address.
- From the list of sensors in the Management user interface main window, select your new sensor.
- Click the pencil icon in the toolbar.
The Management UI displays the sensor panel for the new sensor.NoteYour sensor must be running and producing data before you can add transformation information.
In the Schema box, click (expand window).
The Management UI populates the panel with message, field, and value information.The Sample field displays a parsed version of a sample message from the sensor. The Management UI tests your transformations against these parsed messages.You can use the right and left arrows to view the parsed version of each sample.Although you can apply transformations to an existing field, users typically create and transform a new field.
- To add a new transformation, either click (edit) next to a field or click (add) at the bottom of the Schema
The following dialog box displays:
- From INPUT FIELD, select the field to transform, enter the name of the new field in the NAME field, and then choose a function with the appropriate parameters in the TRANSFORMATIONS box.
If you decide not to use the default values for the
batchTimeoutproperties, you can set their values.In the Advanced portion of the input panel, enter the property name (for example
batchSize) and the value in the PARSER CONFIG fields.
- Click SAVE.
If you change your mind and want to remove a transformation, click the "x" next to the field.
- Alternatively, you can add enrichment properties using the RAW JSON field in the Advanced section of the Schema panel.
- You can also suppress fields with the transformation feature by clicking
This icon prevents the field from being displayed, but it does not remove the field entirely.
- Click SAVE.