Apache Knox is a REST API and Application Gateway for the Apache Hadoop Ecosystem. Knox acts as a reverse proxy for all UIs and the REST application. You can use Knox for its proxying and authentication services.
Knox provides several security benefits:
- All requests go through Knox so same-origin browser restrictions are not a concern.
- Knox, in combination with a firewall, can restrict traffic to always go through Knox. This greatly reduces the security attack surface area of the UIs and REST application.
- Knox provides access to other common Apache Hadoop services.
- Knox provides a single sign on experience between the UIs and REST application.
- All requests can be protected and secured.