A new guide is available for Workflow Manager (WFM), which is a new Ambari View in HDP 2.6.0. There are also minor updates to other data movement documents.
Workflow Manager View allows you to easily create and schedule big data processing tasks as defined workflows and monitor the workflow jobs. It is based on the Apache Oozie workflow engine.
Workflow Manager is comprised of two components: a designer and a dashboard. You create your workflows, coordinators, and bundles in the design component. Workflows are created using a visual graphing tool, so you can immediately see the relationships of all the nodes in the flow.
After the workflow is created and submitted, you can monitor the resulting job in the dashboard. The dashboard provides an overview of each running job, as well as details and logs for each job.
Information about configuring a WFM View is available in the Apache Ambari Views guide.
Updates to the DMI guide include:
- Added deprecation notice for Falcon in HDP 2.6.0.
- Chapter 4. Prerequisite to Installing or Upgrading Falcon
- Chapter 5. Considerations for Using Falcon
- Chapter 10. Mirroring Data with HiveDR in a Secure Environment
- Sqoop updates: Storing Protected Passwords in Sqoop and Sqoop Import Jobs Using –as-avrodatafile
Added deprecation notice for Flume in HDP 2.6.0. No other documentation updates.
If you have comments or suggestions, corrections or updates regarding our documentation, let us know on HCC. Help us continue to improve our documentation!
Hortonworks Technical Documentation Team