We are happy to share with you the documentation for the third major HDCloud for AWS general availability release 1.14.1. We updated the documentation to make sure that you don’t miss the great new features:
If you are new to HDCloud for AWS, you can get started here.
- You can create HDP 2.6 clusters via HDCloud using one of the six available configurations (including the technical preview of Druid). To learn more, refer to updated Cluster Configurations documentation.
- You can automatically tag your cluster-related AWS resources. To learn more, refer to new Resource Tagging documentation.
- You can configure auto repair settings for each cluster. To learn more, refer to new Node Auto Repair documentation.
- You can configure auto scaling settings for each cluster. To learn more, refer to new Auto Scaling documentation.
- HDCloud introduces security enhancements, such as protected gateway through which the traffic to your cluster UIs is routed. To learn more, refer to updated Security documentation.
These new features are available when creating a cluster. For updated instructions, refer to Create Cluster documentation.
In adition to extending HDCloud documentation to cover new features, we updated HDCloud tutorials to help you get started with HDCloud for AWS 1.14.1.
If you have comments or suggestions, corrections or updates regarding our documentation, let us know on HCC. Help us continue to improve our documentation!
Hortonworks Technical Documentation Team