Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) 3.1.0 provides you with several new capabilities.
You must learn about the new features and their benefits to use the new features in HDP
||Feature areas, benefits, and links to further
- Simplified access control management with support for
prefixed ACLs for bulk management of entities. Access
control for topic creation for specific topics/topic
- Hostname verification to prevent SSL configuration man in
the middle attacks.
- Improved Encryption support with faster TLS and CRC32C
implementations. Over-the-wire encryption is faster.
- Simpler security configuration with SSL trust stores update
without broker restart and security for Zookeeper listeners
can be configured before starting brokers.
- Prevent indefinite consumer block with new configuration
- Windowed aggregation performance in Kafka streams vastly
- Quota limit notifications to distinguish network errors from
quota limits reached.
- Better broker resiliency by reducing memory footprint of
message down conversion.
- Replication protocol improvements for fixing log divergence
during fast leader failover.
- support Kafka 2.0 in Kafka Ranger Plugin.
- Support `DelegationToken` resource type with `Describe`
operation for Kafka.
- Support for cluster resource type for Kafka.
- Support for Create operation with Topic resource in
- Support for Knox Trusted Proxy. Ranger now supports doAs