Start a command-line query in LLAP mode
You can connect to HiveServer for low-latency analytics processing (LLAP) using Beeline by invoking Hive from the command line using the interactive option.
- You have started the following components:
- Hive Metastore
- A database for the metastore, such as the default MySQL Server
- Hive client services
- You have a network connection to Beeline.
- You have permission to access files you want to
For example, you have a valid Kerberos ticket in the ticket cache before attempting to connect, or you received a user name and password to access Hive.
- You have configured Hive LLAP.
- In Ambari, choose Hive, and slide the Interactive Query control by clicking to Yes:
Start Beeline and Hive interactive by entering the hive command, the -c option,
and the interactive keyword on a node in your cluster.
> hive -c interactive