View compaction progress
You view the progress of compactions by running a Hive query.
Enter the query to view the progress of compactions.
- Unique internal ID
- Database name
- Table name
- Partition name
- Major or minor compaction
- Compaction state:
- Initiated - waiting in queue
- Working - currently compacting
- Ready for cleaning - compaction completed and old files scheduled for removal
- Failed - the job failed. Details are printed to the metastore log.
- Attempted - initiator attempted to schedule a compaction but failed. Details are printed to the metastore log.
- Thread ID
- Start time of compaction
- Hadoop job ID - ID of the submitted Hadoop job