Configure a Superset visualization
In Apache Ambari, after connecting Apache Superset to Apache Hive, you can configure visualizations, such as aggregations, slices of data, or plotted data to better understand the data.
CREATE TABLE students (name VARCHAR(64), age INT, gpa DECIMAL(3,2)) STORED AS ORC;
- You created and populated a table in the Hive warehouse.
- Select Superset from the Ambari main menu.
- In Summary under Quick Links, click Superset.
- From the Sources menu, select Tables.
- In Add Filter, add a new record.
- On Add Table in Database, select the Hive database connected to Superset.
- In Table Name, select a Hive table, students in the example below, and click Save.
On List Tables, click Edit Record:
On the Detail tab of Edit Table, in Table Name, enter the name of a table in
the Hive database.
A table visualization appears, showing an aggregation calculated automatically by Superset: average age 33.5 in this example: