Change the Current Master Key
How to change the master key.
- If you know the current master key or if the current master key has been
Re-run the encryption setup command and follow the prompts:
Choose one of the following options:  Enable HTTPS for Ambari server.  Encrypt passwords stored in ambari.properties file.  Setup Ambari kerberos JAAS configuration.
- Enter the current master key when prompted if necessary (if it is not persisted or set as an environment variable).
Do you want to reset Master Keyprompt, enter
- At the prompt, enter the new master key and confirm.
- Re-run the encryption setup command and follow the prompts:
- If you do not know the current master key:
- Remove encryption entirely, as described in “Remove Encryption Entirely” (link below).
ambari-server setup-securityas described above.
- Start or restart the Ambari Server: