Upgrading Cloud Controller
The ADVANCED template allows you to use an external RDS database to preserve the metastore list, cluster templates, history, and so on, associated with a cloud controller. When upgrading a cloud controller, you transfer all this information to your new cloud controller.
You have an existing cloud controller that you created using the advanced template (with an external RDS).
- Terminate all clusters associated with the cloud controller.
- Delete cloud controller CFN stack.
- Launch a new cloud controller using the ADVANCED template. When specifying cloud controller parameters:
- Provide the same username, password, and SSH key.
- Point to the RDS instance that was previously used by the original cloud controller.
- Use the same VPC and subnet.
- Log in to the newly created cloud controller. The metastore list, cluster templates, and history associated with the previously used cloud controller will be preserved.