Create a Meta Alert
The meta alert feature enables you to create a save a group of filtered alerts. Like the group feature, you can group filtered alerts that pertain to an incident. However, with meta alert, you can save your grouping, creating a system entity, to view it later. Also, when you filter alerts, if a relevant alert is contained in a meta alert, the entire meta alert will be included in the filter results.
- Click one of the groups listed by Group By.
The Alerts table view changes to a tree view listing the values of the groups.
- Use the Search and GroupBy options to create one or more groups containing alerts on which you want to focus.
- When you have selected a group of alerts that you want to focus on, click
(meta alert icon), then confirm that you wish to create a meta alert with the
The meta alert disappears from the tree view. You can still see the meta alert in the alerts table view.
- You can rename your meta alert by completing the following steps:
Display the Alerts UI display panel by clicking on empty space in the meta
- Click the current meta alert name at the top of the panel and enter your new meta alert name.
- Dismiss the panel by clicking the X in the upper right corner of the panel.
- Display the Alerts UI display panel by clicking on empty space in the meta alert row.