Perform the following pre-upgrade tasks before you try to upgrade the DataPlane Profiler and Data Steward Studio app.
- Stop the DSS App container. Log in to DataPlane host and run:
docker stop dss-app
- Stop the DataPlane Profiler service. Log in to Ambari of the HDP cluster and stop the DataPlane Profiler service.
- From the DataPlane Profiler configuration on Ambari, make a note of the following configurations:
- DataPlane Profiler Extra JARs
- Hiveserver Interactive JDBC URL (on HDP3)
- Enable Knox Single Sign On for Profiler Service
- Knox SSO Public Key
- Make a note of the database configuration details used for the DataPlane Profiler service.
- Delete the DataPlane Profiler service from Ambari.
- Make sure you retain the Ranger configuration details when prompted.
- Uncheck all the configurations, when prompted to retain the current values.