What’s New in this Release
New features and changes for DSS 1.0 have been introduced in the Hortonworks DataPlane Service (DPS), along with documentation updates. New features are described in the following sections.
- DSS 1.0
- General Availability (GA) of Data Steward Studio
- Improved Asset Collections
- Data assets can now belong to more than one Asset Collection
- Improved functionality for Asset Collections: CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete)
- Collaborate with other users: add asset collections to your favorites, add personalized bookmarks, and engage in discussions with others (Technical Preview)
- Dashboards for datalake, asset collections, and individual assets
- Sensitive Data Profiler: performs context and content inspection to detect various types of sensitive data and automatically suggest suitable classifications or tags based on the type of sensitive content detected or discovered.
- Sensitive data classification approval workflow