Install DP Platform
When installing DataPlane in a production environment, DP Platform and all associated DP apps must be installed on a separate host that is not part of any cluster.
DP Platform is required as a baseline, but you can install any combination of DP apps on top of the platform. After installing the platform, see the installation instructions for each DP app for instructions on how to install and configure the app on the platform.
- You will be installing the DP Platform software using the local repositories.
- You need root user access on the DP Host to perform this task.
- You must have completed the actions identified in DataPlane installation prerequisites.
- The host must meet the requirements identified in the DataPlane Support Matrix.
- The host must be a dedicated host that is not part of an existing cluster. This prevents potential port conflicts with other cluster services.
- You must have the FQDN or IP address of the host available.
- You will be initializing the DP Platform software, and optionally configuring an external database or your own SSL certificate.
- If you plan to use an external database, refer to the DataPlane Support Matrix for requirements and supported databases. Be sure to have that database URI, username and password available and to perform the steps in Configure External Database prior to performing the install steps below. We strongly recommend for any production deployment that you configure an external database.
- If you plan to use an SSL certificate, have the full path and file name for the public key and private key (.pem files) and the certificate password available. Be sure to perform the steps in Configure a TLS Certificate prior to performing the install steps below.
Log in as root to the host on which you set up the DataPlane repositories.
Verify that SELinux is disabled.
sestatusIf SELinux is not disabled, stop now and verify that all installation prerequisites were successfully completed, then continue with the installation.
Be sure Docker is installed, configured, and started on the host.
Refer to Installation Prerequisites for more information.
Install the DP Platform.
yum install dp-coreA folder is created that contains the Docker image tarball files and a configuration script.If the yum command fails, then the local repository was not set up correctly. Check the repository file /etc/yum.repos.d/dp.repo on the DP host.