Upgrade DLM Engine
DLM 1.4.0 version supports HDP 220.127.116.110 and HDP 18.104.22.168 releases. If you are on an earlier release of HDP, you must upgrade to HDP 2.6.5 1100 release.
- Stop DLM Engine service using Ambari UI.
- Remove the DLM Engine service from Ambari.
Login to DLM Engine host using SSH. Remove the beacon RPM on DLM Engine host
yum remove <beacon_RPM_name>To get the name of beacon rpm, do:
rpm –qa|grep beacon
- On the DLM Engine host, remove /usr/dlm/current and /etc/beacon/conf folder directories.
- Login to Ambari host using SSH.
Uninstall the mpack for beacon in Ambari server:
ambari-server uninstall-mpack --mpack-name beacon-engine.mpack
Install the new beacon mpack:
ambari-server install-mpack --mpack=/tmp/beacon-ambari-mpack-<version>.tar.gz --verbose
Restart Ambari server.
- Setup a local repository with new DLM engine binaries.
Update the beacon repo URL in the Ambari UI.
Under repositories, update the new repo URL for DLM for the OS of the cluster and click Save.
- Add the DLM Engine service in Ambari UI by going through steps for adding a service: