Before you begin the installation process, verify the following:
- Perform the DataPlane Platform pre-installation tasks. https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/DP/DP-1.2.0/installation/content/dp_prepare_your_clusters.html
- Install or upgrade to the supported version of Ambari. See Support Matrix for details of the supported Ambari versions. See Apache Ambari installation for more details.
- Install or upgrade to the supported versions of HDP on your cluster using Ambari. See DLM Support Matrix for details of the supported HDP versions. See the HDP installation documentation for more details.
- Set up LDAP Authentication for Ambari
- For Ambari 2.6: See Configuring Ambari for LDAP Authentication.
- Set up Knox SSO with LDAP Authentication for Ambari
- For Ambari 2.6: See Setting up Knox SSO for Ambari.
- RangerRanger enables you to create services for specific Hadoop resources (HDFS, HBase, Hive and so on) and add access policies to those services. If you use Ranger for authorisation in your cluster for LDAP users:
- Configure LDAP for Ranger usersync https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.6.5/bk_security/content/ranger_advanced_usersync_settings.html
- Configure LDAP Hadoop group mapping https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.6.5/bk_security/content/setting_up_hadoop_group_mappping_for_ldap_ad.html#configuring_hadoop_group_mapping_using_sssd
- Knox Gateway
Configuring Knox Gateway is required if your cluster is configured with Kerberos or with wire encryption. This simplifies certificate management for DPS and cross-cluster communication, as the only security certificate that needs to be managed is for Knox.
Refer to the following documentation on how to configure your cluster for Knox Gateway:
Resource Documentation Configure a reverse proxy with Knox HDP Security Guide,Configuring the Knox Gateway Configure LDAP with Knox for proxy authentication HDP Security Guide,Setting Up LDAP Authentication
You must configure Hive with Ranger authoriser
https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.6.5/bk_data-access/content/config_authorization.html and hive.server2.enable.doAs=false
DLM runs the replication jobs using YARN. For on-premise to on-premise replication, the replication job runs on the target cluster. For on-premise to cloud replication, the replication job runs on the source cluster. Make sure YARN is installed on the cluster where the replication job runs.
Ensure HDP clusters that are involved in replication have symmetric configuration. It means the following:
If security is enabled, it should be enabled on both the source and the target clusters.
If HA is enabled, it should be enabled on both the source and the target clusters.
Ensure to have one of the following external databases installed: MySQL or Postgres.
See the Hortonworks Support Matrix for the compatible versions of DataPlane Platform, HDP, and DLM.