Pairing guidelines and considerations
You should take into consideration the following items when pairing clusters in DLM.
- For pairing to succeed, host name resolution must work between all the nodes involved
(DPS Platform host and all cluster hosts.)
For example, pairing in DLM fails if the DLM engines on the clusters being paired cannot resolve each other's host name.
- You can only pair clusters that have been registered with DPS Platform and enabled for use with Data Lifecycle Manager.
- The HDFS nameservice for the source and destination clusters cannot be configured with the same name.
- Cluster security configurations must be symmetrical to pair clusters, including Kerberos, Ranger, Knox, etc.
- The DLM Engine must be configured as Ranger administrator on all DLM-enabled clusters.