Pair clusters for replication
You must pair two clusters to communicate with one another before you can replicate data between the clusters. After the clusters are paired, you can create a replication policy.
Knox proxying can only be enabled on paired clusters running DLM Engine version 1.1 or higher.
Pairing clusters only establishes a communication relationship between two clusters. You determine which cluster of that pair is the source and which is the destination when you create the replication policy.
- You must be logged in with the DLM Infra Admin role to perform this task.
- Before pairing, clusters must have been enabled for use with Data Lifecycle Manager from the DPS Platform UI.
- The clusters you want to pair must have symmetrical security configurations for Kerberos, LDAP, Ranger, Knox, HA, etc.
- In the DLM navigation pane, click Pairings.
- Click Add Pairing.
The Create Pairing page displays, showing the clusters that are enabled for replication.TipYou can place the cursor over the cluster name to display the cluster location.
- Click one of the cluster names.
All clusters available to be paired with the cluster you selected display in a second column.TipIf a cluster displays but cannot be selected, it is already paired with the cluster you selected in the first column.
- Click a cluster in the second column.
- Click Start Pairing.
A progress bar displays.
- Repeat the above steps to pair additional clusters.