Data Analytics Studio 1.2.1 has the following known issues, scheduled for resolution in a future release:
DAS 1.2.1 does not parse semicolons (;) and double hyphens (--) in strings and comments.
For example, if you have a semicolon in query such as the following, the query might fail:
select * from queries where query = 'select * from queries;';Workaround: If a semicolon is present in a comment, then execute the query after removing the semicolon from the comment, or removing the comment. For example:
select * from test; -- select * from test; select * from test; /* comment; comment */Queries with double hyphens (--) might also fail. For example:
select * from test where option = '--name';
- DAS displays the queue name on the Query Details page only when
the query is run against
llap. If you run a query against any other queue, DAS does not display the queue name.
- After you upgrade to DAS 1.2.1 from DAS 1.2.0, you may see DAS version as 1.3.0 on the Ambari UI, instead of DAS 1.2.1.
- You might face UI issues on Google Chrome while using faceted search, for example. We recommend you to use the latest version of Google Chrome (version 71.x or higher).
- You are unable to see databases or the query editor on the Compose page even after following the troubleshooting procedure. This can be caused due to incorrect hive service name in ZooKeeper.
- DAS fails to connect to Hive on an HDP 2.6.x cluster, if the transport mode is binary.
The Hive interactive server transport mode should be
httpif you are using HDP 2.6.x
- Visual Explain for the same query shows different graphs on the Compose page and the Query Details page.
- While running some queries, if you restart HSI, the query execution is stopped. However, DAS does not reflect this change and the queries appear to be in the same state forever.
- After a fresh installation, when there is no data and you try to access the Reports tab, it throws HTTP 404 Not Found Error.
- Join count does not get updated for tables with partitioned columns.