Upgrade Cloudbreak to the latest version
Perform the following steps to upgrade Cloudbreak to the latest available general availability version.
For correct upgrade steps, always refer to the documentation published for the Cloudbreak version that you are upgrading to. For example, if you are currently using Cloudbreak 2.7.0 and you would like to upgrade to 2.9.1, refer to 2.9.1 documentation.
These steps only allow you to upgrade to the latest general availability release. They cannot be used for upgrading to a technical preview release.
You must back up Cloudbreak databases before upgrading. For instructions, refer to Back up Cloudbreak database.
- Access the VM where Cloudbreak is running via SSH.
- If you launched Cloudbreak from a quickstart template, run the
following to obtain root access:
- Navigate to the Cloudbreak deployment directory. By default,
- To ensure that the cbd is running, restart Cloudbreak by using
cbd restartor if the deployment is stopped start it by using
- Update Cloudbreak
cbd updatealways updates Cloudbreak to the latest available general availability version.
- Stop all of the running Cloudbreak
- Update the
docker-compose.ymlfile with new Docker containers needed for the cbd:
- If there are no other Cloudbreak instances that still use old
Cloudbreak versions, remove the obsolete
cbd util cleanup
- Check the health and version of the updated
- Start the new version of the cbd:
Cloudbreak needs to download updated docker images for the new version, so this step may take a while.