Configure the gateway
When creating a cluster, you can configure the gateway on the Gateway Configuration page of the basic create cluster wizard.
- In the create cluster wizard, navigate to the Gateway Configuration page.
- Under Gateway Topology:
- The gateway option is enabled by default.
- The Name for your gateway is set to
db-proxyby default. You can update it if you would like. This name is used in the URLs for the cluster resources.
- Under Exposable Services, the choice of cluster services to expose and proxy through the gateway depends on your blueprint. Cloudbreak analyzes your blueprint and provides a list of services that can be exposed through the gateway. You should review this list and select the services that should be proxied through the gateway. By default, only Ambari is exposed through the gateway.
- We recommend that you expose the following services through the gateway:
- Analytics blueprint: Hive and Zeppelin
- ETL blueprint: No additional services need to be exposed
- Data science: Spark and Zeppelin
- Under Exposable Services, use the dropdown to select services that should be exposed via the gateway. To expose a service, select it and click Expose. Select ALL to expose all.