Perform the following steps to upgrade Cloudbreak.
For correct upgrade steps, always refer to the documentation published for the Cloudbreak version that you are upgrading to. For example, if you are currently using Cloudbreak 2.7.0 and you would like to upgrade to 2.9.0, refer to 2.9.0 documentation.
These steps only allow you to upgrade to the latest general availability release. They cannot be used for upgrading to a technical preview release.
You must back up Cloudbreak databases before upgrading.
- On the VM where Cloudbreak is running, navigate to the
directory where your Profile file is
- To ensure that the cbd is running, restart Cloudbreak by using
cbd restartor if the deployment is stopped start it by using
- Update Cloudbreak
- Stop all of the running Cloudbreak
- Update the
docker-compose.ymlfile with new Docker containers needed for the cbd:
- If there are no other Cloudbreak instances that still use old
Cloudbreak versions, remove the obsolete
cbd util cleanup
- Check the health and version of the updated
- Start the new version of the cbd:
Cloudbreak needs to download updated docker images for the new version, so this step may take a while.