To upgrade to the latest version of CFM, you must make note of and update some security password values, update the CSD files, restart the SCM Server, deactivate your old parcel and activate the new CFM parcel, and then restart your CFM services.
nifi.sensitive.props.keyvalue from one of the NiFi nodes you have installed:
cd /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/ \ && find . -name config.zip \ | grep "NIFI_NODE" \ | cut -c 3- \ | sort -n \ | tail -1 \ | xargs unzip -p \ | grep -A1 "<name>random.nifi.sensitive.props.key" \ | grep -Po "(?<=<value>)[^<]+"
- Stop NiFi, NiFi Registry, and NiFi CA Service in this order.
Remove flow.xml.gz from all nodes except the one from
which you obtained the
nifi.sensitive.props.keyvalue.var/lib/nifi/ is the default location for flow.xml.gz, but file location is configurable using the
nifi.working.directoryproperty in the NiFi configuration file.
- Delete the old CSDs and download the new ones. The default CSD location is /opt/cloudera/csd, but you can configure that location from Cloudera Manager Admnistration | Settings | Local Descriptor Repository Path. Ensure that you maintain the appropriate file ownership and access attributes and SELinux permissions if needed.
Restart the cloudera-scm-server service:
service cloudera-scm-agent restart
- In Cloudera Manager, select cluster, then select NiFi from drop down, then select the Configuration tab. Then use the search box to find the Sensitive Properties Key value. Copy the sensitive properties key value that you got from step one and paste into this box. The minimum length is 12 digits.
Set the following additional NiFi passwords to randomly generated values.
NoteWhen you are performing a fresh installation, these values are auto-generated, but if you are upgrading from CFM 1.0.0, you must manually enter these values.
This value must be the same as
Update the following NiFi Registry configurations with random values for the
keystorePasswdmust have the same value as
In Cloudera Manager, upgrade CFM by activating the CFM 1.0.1 parcel.
After clicking Activate, the Activate CFM 18.104.22.168 on <cluster-name> pop-up displays. Click Activate Only, and then OK.
- Restart NiFi CA Service, NiFi Registry and NiFi, and deploy the client configurations.
- Remove 22.214.171.124 parcels from host. (optional cleanup step). From Parcel menu, go to the CFM 126.96.36.199 parcel, and select Remove From Host. Then select Delete.