Find a host in the cluster
Use a filtered search to find only those hosts in the cluster that match specific criteria.
, click the search icon.
A filtered search field appears above the listed hosts.
Click the filtered search field.
Available search types appear, including:
- Search by Host Attribute
- Search by host name, IP, host status, and other attributes,
- Search by Service
- Find hosts that are hosting a component from a given service.
- Search by Component
- Find hosts that are hosting a components in a given state, such as started, stopped, maintenance mode, and so on.
- Search by keyword
- Type any word that describes what you are looking for in the search box. This becomes a text filter.
Click a Search type.
A list of available options appears, depending on your first selection. For example, if you click Service, current services appear:
Click one or multiple options.
In this example, Service: YARN, then Host Status: Master Down.The list of hosts that match your current search criteria display on the Hosts page.
- You can click more options or type keywords to further refine your search.
Examples of searches that you can perform, based on specific criteria, and which interface controls to use:
- Find all hosts with a DataNode
- Find all the hosts with a DataNode that are stopped
- Find all the hosts with an HDFS component
- Find all the hosts with an HDFS or HBase component