Customize log4j settings for a service
Edit the log4j property template in which default log4j properties reside, and use those customizations to overwrite the custom log4j properties for each service to control logging activities for that service.
- In Ambari Web, browse to .
- Edit values of any properties in the [SERVICE_NAME] log4j template.
- Copy the content of the log4j template file.
- Browse to the custom [SERVICE_NAME]log4j properties group.
- Paste the copied content into custom [SERVICE_NAME]log4j properties, overwriting, the default content.
- In Configs, click Save.
- Review and confirm any recommended, related configuration changes, as prompted.
Restart affected components and services, as prompted.
Restarting components in the service pushes the configuration properties displayed in Custom log4j.properites to each host running components for that service.
Optionally, you can create configuration groups that include custom logging properties.